Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Chevron Canvas Makeover

Like most decor in my house, especially the ones made by me, they get moved around A LOT and get changed A LOT. Like this canvas, after painting the chevron pattern, I hung it above our computer, than over the fireplace, than above our bed and now it resides in our hallway with a new heart initial decal.
We will see how long that lasts. . .
 I was not loving the "V" and "L" vinyl that I bought simply because it was on clearance, so I have been thinking for MONTHS what I could do to change it. This is what I came up with . . . for now:)
I took an old cardboard box, scrap fabric, mod podge and scissors.
Cut out a heart and started mod podging those fabric scraps on there. The back is not so cute as you can tell but I just put some sticky backs on there (because I know me and I will probably change this sometime, hopefully in the not so near future) and slapped it on the canvas. I wasn't planning on putting the vinyl back on but as I was taking it off, I thought I still liked it without the twirly stuff.
 
 A little love in the hallway, just in time for Valentine's Day.

Photobucket

linking up to these parties:

6 comments:

  1. I love how you always want to improve and change things up!! It makes for interesting and fun! And I see you recycled a packing box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute-i hate that i do that, too-get something that isn't exactly what i want but happens to be cheaper or on sale or clearance. when will i learn it's not worth it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The print picture you have added in this post, really look great, you have perform very good activity, many people write anything positive or negative, identical word will be a comment, i have not any word to say about this post, because i found it speechless, very nice tutorial keep it up.

    click here for canvas prints

    ReplyDelete
  5. change is necessary and thats what you have done. I like your idea its a creative one and looking wonderful too. UK Packaging Supplies

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, we love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...